The Sharpsville Church of the Nazarene conducted its first services on December 24,
1938, in the old Presbyterian Church on the corner of Main and First Streets. The
church moved February 1, 1939, to a storeroom at 28 Shenango Street. Rev. O. L.
Benedum, District Superintendent of the Pittsburgh District, conducted the formal
organizational service. 20 charter members were present.
Through vision, prayer, and faith, on April 1, 1941, the present church building at 804 W. Ridge
was purchased for $9000.00. The property included a small parsonage located behind the church on 8th Street. In the Spring of 1952, the present parsonage located at 810 W. Ridge Avenue was purchased. An addition in 1957 enlarged the parsonage and a connecting social hall was added. Since then the parsonage on 8th Street has been removed and a parking lot constructed. The handicap ramp and handicap accessible restrooms were added to make our services and programs accessible to people of all ages.
Through the same vision, prayer, and faith, the Sunday School rooms and offices were remodeled, new furnaces, air conditioning and new sound systems were added to the church and social hall. The pews in the church were padded and new carpet installed throughout.The Holy Gospel is preached at Sharpsville Church of the Nazarene.